Friday, August 19, 2011

Lime Coconut Carrot Soup


I know, I've been on vacation for about 6 months and I'm sorry but I'm back.....I took some personal time after Valentines to recharge and spend time finding some inner peace.

Here is a lovely little soup that is simple and fabulous. Whip it up, put it in the fridge and zap it in the microwave for a quick meal when it's so hot outside. It's light and filling.

In the next few months I will be introducing my line up of new things, what's been stirring in my brain while I was away and getting ready for fall...my favorite time of year. This summer is has been a miserable time of year and it will be so wonderful to feel some cool air and start cooking again. Texas has had over 50 days of heat over 100 degrees this summer. I've never seen it like this before. So welcome Fall and Winter...

Lime Coconut Carrot Soup

1 Tbsp Butter
1 Onion, Diced
2 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 Coriander
2 Tbsp Ginger
1 Granny Smith Apple, Peeled and Diced
2 Cups Carrots, Peeled and Chopped
6 Cups Chicken Broth
14 oz Coconut Milk
1 Lime, Juiced
Cashew Halves, Roasted and Salted (Garnish)
Fresh Cilantro, Chopped (Garnish)but

In a medium size pot over medium high heat, add the butter, onion and garlic and saute until onions are translucent.

Add the sea salt, black pepper, nutmeg and coriander and saute an additional 2-3 minutes.

Add the ginger, apples and carrots and saute a 2-3 more minutes.

Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until carrots are soft.

Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.

Return the pureed soup to the pan and add the coconut milk. Simmer for 15 minutes.

Add the lime juice and serve with a garnish of toasted cashews and chopped cilantro.

FANTASTIC!...















No comments: