Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Seed to Change...Have you planted yours?



It’s incredible to think that it’s 2012. Wow…where has all the time gone? It seems like yesterday I was in Brad Pitt’s basement having a make-out party in the summer of ’79. We had some good times, no worries, no idea what the future held. Who knew that Brad would be a mega star and we were all a part of his little world back in Springfield, Missouri.

Crank it up to the present and my life has taken some pretty crazy turns. A single mother striving to make a difference in the world by sharing some of life’s magical gifts through blogging and developing a line of products that other woman will enjoy to change their mood.

We all like to feel pretty... Don’t we? Just a little dab of lip gloss can make a difference in the way you feel if your headed to the grocery store. Or a quick spray of a perfume to freshen up can change your mood instantly. You can go from Drab to Fab in seconds!

I remember when times were so tough that I didn’t purchase any perfume for at least a couple years. That was unheard of for me not to be wearing perfume. When I finally purchased my favorite scent and sprayed it on me, I instantly felt renewed. It was as if I was transformed at that very moment. I didn’t realize that perfume had such power. It was at that moment that I wanted to develop my own scent and share it with the world. That little dream of hope to become a reality has special meaning to me.

Prior to my corporate and catering days I was a make-up artist doing a lot of freelance work; weddings, fashion shows, photo shoots and helped a local hairstylist develop a line of custom blend make up for his make-over studio in the early ‘90’s. I really enjoyed teaching woman how to apply make-up and making them feel pretty. I always knew in my heart that I wanted to have my own line of products but wasn’t sure when that time would come. Little did I know that I would go through some tough times and not be able to purchase the little things in life we take for granted. I was during that time that perfume had a whole new meaning for me.

Last year I started thinking about what I wanted in life. I knew I wanted to move to the beach and live a stress free life. But to actually get there was going to take some work and how was I going to support myself? In five years my son graduates from high school, I will be 53 years old and I needed a plan. Now is the time to focus on those personal goals that I have had put on the back burner to raise a child.

So I started to plant that seed. 2011 was year 1 of the 5 year plan. In 5 years I plan on being in Florida, on the beach enjoying my life. The seed is the most essential part of the plan, for if there isn’t any seed, then there isn’t any growth and if there isn’t any growth there isn’t any full grown goal.

In January I did a lot of soul searching and started working on outlining what I need to get this ball rolling. I put together some financial planning, started educating myself on eCommerce entrepreneurship, developed with my mother; two outstanding fragrances, an incredible body lotion, lip gloss, designed our logo and website. So I can honestly say that the seed has been planted. Now it’s time to watch it grow. With a little water, tender loving care and devotion. I believe that this seed will grow into an incredible opportunity to get me close to that beach in a few years.

This holiday my sister Debbie and I had a great night together. We laughed and acted like kids. It was so fun and out of the ordinary. My mother was calling us Brats all night.

I remember she said to me “Well Sister, your 1 year closer to your goal!” After that comment, I thought – Wow, she’s right and when I looked back on what I had accomplished this past year I was so excited to know that 2012 will be even more exciting. The seed is planted and I can’t wait to see how it grows.

Have you planted your seed? It’s never too late to plant a seed. Plant yours and wait for the magic.

Thanks for stopping by…Stormy

1 comment:

wicky said...

love love love :) brat!