Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Power of Gratitude

Just for a minute, imagine that just by taking a few minutes each day to be thankful for all things in your life, no matter how big or small would bring you more terrific things and more of what you want. Would you believe me? I mean, hey it sounds pretty unbelievable don’t you think?

Well, guess what, I’ve tested this process and it works, not only by bringing more positive things in my life but it has brought me more happiness as well. It’s a simple process really, but the most important part of the process is that it has to be truly heartfelt, authentic and all of your emotions must be channeled while showing gratitude.

If you want to try this then all you have to do is start appreciating all of the things in your life, because when you do, you will be applying the energetic law – The Power of Gratitude. You’ve probably heard the phrase, an Attitude of Gratitude before. Well this simply means that when you shift your emotions, attitude and outlook on life with great appreciation for all of the things in your life, then you will experience a shift in energy and when the Law of Attraction takes force, you will begin to see things change. The Law of Attraction is a spiritual journey, a relationship that you have with your conscious self and your higher self.

Ten years ago I was in a very bad place, my marriage was failing, my job up in the air and I was feeling extremely lost. I struggled really hard, there were times we didn’t have food, I couldn’t pay my bills. It’s was really terrible and I felt as if it would never get any better. That constant thought of how much everything was wrong kept it in my life.

Then five years ago, just after my Dad passed away from cancer, I discovered that applying the law of attraction in various forms would jump start the process of my healing. There were several things that I did that made things start falling into place.

One of the first things I did was rediscover my love for drawing. It was a way to express myself and calm my heart. I would draw anything that came to mind. Things that I loved, was grateful for and one very simple drawing was a picture of my Dad’s house at the lake. There was a swing that my Dad built for my son when he was born. It was one of those old time swings with a large rope and wooden seat that hung from a large branch in a beautiful tree that sat next to the house. I would love to go out on that deck, and watch my son swing. Every time he would swing in that swing, I would feel such appreciation for that simple little swing that my dad made for his first grandchild.

My Dad’s house was so peaceful, it was nestled in the woods up on a hill by the lake and he always had a hummingbird feeder near his home. We would all sit out on the deck, cook out and enjoy a cocktail before dinner. It was always so peaceful sitting there watching those hummingbirds come to feed. My son would run over to the swing and play for hours. He would get his little motorcycles out and run them in the dirt acting as if he was racing his dirt bike.

Every time I see a hummingbird, I think of my Dad. Those were some fond memories and ones that I will cherish forever. So when I drew that simple little picture and stuck it in my drawing book, I didn’t realize at the time that when I would pull that picture out and look at it, that it would instantly bring all of those wonderful warm feelings of appreciation back to me for those moments. It instantly brings me back to that time and place.

What I’m trying to say is that when I look at the picture it triggers an authentic emotion of gratification. I always give thanks for that time with my Dad. It’s a simple thing that worked and it started a process of getting my life in order.

Another thing I did and still continue to do is take a minute every time I’m driving to work and from work to give thanks. In the morning I will speak aloud an appreciation for everything from, thank you for getting me up and feeling good, my paycheck to pay for all my bills on time, a nice moment with my son to being thankful for the team of employees that I have in place that help our business run smoothly and successful.

Each day is a new challenge, but we also are giving little rewards throughout the day that we fail to appreciate. Taking the time to acknowledge those things will attract the tremendous power of appreciation – and more of those same things will come into your life.

Even though I have lost my Dad, I found my relationship with my birth Mother. I would have never imagined that after my Dad’s death that I would be rewarded with such a beautiful time with her. We are more like sisters than Mother and Daughter. We didn’t get to experience that type of relationship but we are definitely soul mates. Sometimes we say we are twins because we are so much a like it’s scary.

Today, my life is so much better, I have a wonderful place to live, a fantastic job, great friends and family. I give my thanks to my beautiful mother and sister. We have had a wonderful year reconnecting and I’m so very grateful for this time in my life.

The Power of Gratitude, when done properly will bring more joy into your life...and soul. Try it – not just for today, on Thanksgiving but each and every day.

Be kind to one another and enjoy your day.

Many more blessings…Stormy

No comments: