Sunday, November 28, 2010

Mango Lime & Raspberry Zinger Sorbet

Well one holiday down and the other is right around the corner. I did pretty well this year and didn't indulge in turkey for the first time. However I did have mashed potatoes and gravy which was one of my favorites that I just didn't pass up this year. I passed on the pie but the neighbor had to sabotage me with home baked monkey bread and I picked a couple of pieces off the top. Oh well...I won't beat myself up and move on.

So tonight I wanted a little something sweet after dinner so I decided to whip up a simple sorbet. I don't know about you but I'm already sick of holiday food. Maybe it's because I work for a catering company and the magazines, blogs and food shows have already over stimulated us with every kind of holiday dish imaginable that I just couldn't bear to post something after Thanksgiving weekend that was about pie or something heavy so I opted for a light full flavored sorbet that is super easy to prepare and is a better choice than the sugar laden ice creams and store bought sorbets.

I combined by love for red raspberries and that mango chili lime combo to make this sensational sorbet. Here's the recipe.

Mango Lime & Raspberry Zinger Sorbet

1 Cup Mangos, Chunks (Frozen)
1 Cup Red Raspberries, (Frozen)
1 Stevia Individual Package
1/2 Lime, Juiced
Pinch of Chile Seasoning

In a food processor add the mangos, raspberries, truvia, lime and chili. Process until it becomes a smooth sorbet.

You can eat it right away or freeze it to make it a little more firm.

Raspberries are loaded with vitamin C, manganese, folate, magnesium, niacin, potassium and copper. This makes them a very good source of B class vitamins, as well as an excellent source of soluble dietary fiber. They are also high in ellagic acid a phytonutrient belonging to the family of tannins that have been reported to have an anti-cancer activity which this compound is particularly exclusive to the raspberry.

No comments: