Saturday, February 18, 2012

Make Life About Your Passions...

I've been watching re-runs of Kim and Kourtney take New York and I just can't help but think about how lost Kim is and much of that reminds me of myself at that age. Somehow we are programed in life to get married, have children and live happily ever after. But more of more of us are starting to figure out that we don't need another person or dead-end situation to complete our lives. Sometimes we have to dig deeper, deep down into our souls and find out what it is that really makes us wonder, are we living our life the way we really want or are we following a tradition that many have failed?

As I grow older I have found that more and more people my age are re-discovering themselves and finding ways to fulfill their life passions. Maybe you are more familiar with the term, "Having a Mid-Life Crisis". I call it discovering your inner spirit and developing it to fulfill your soul with what you really need, not what others expect of you.

Many of my friends have been in several disappointing relationships, jobs and living in a rut. I can relate to that a few years ago, but now I'm going for it, doing what I want, when I want, with who I want and not looking back. I mean, hey, I'm not getting any younger and I don't want to regret not doing some things that would have made me feel better and fulfilled.

Being a creative person all of my life, I'm learning new things, creating things to share with others and meeting new friends.

Some of these friends are people I work with and after getting to know them a little better, I'm finding that many are being held back by their situation, their fear and negative energy that others project onto them. I see people who have had all kinds of regimented jobs that make a change to make less money, but do what they love. I guess money doesn't buy happiness but as Marilyn Monroe said "But it sure helps!"

Have your ever just stopped and thought, wait a minute...What would happen if I tried this, or what would evolve if I just followed my own muse?

Nobody knows what will happen, but that's the beauty of it. Take a leap of faith, go find your own muse and rediscover yourself. You might not be richer but I bet you will be happier!

Take a few minutes today to stop and think about what you can do to make a change in your life and make your life about your passions.

Be Passionate...
Love Stormy

No comments: