Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Secret to Life...

I have some very exciting news to share with you!  During my journey of finding balance in my world through eating healing foods, I've decided that I want to continue helping others find the same balance by getting my certification at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition to be a Health Coach.  This next year will be a lot of studying and preparation for my new venture and what I hope to do is continue to inspire others to start using these incredible ingredients God has provided us in our universe to heal us.  

I will be studying with approximately 80 well known experts in the field of health, nutrition and business.  It's a holistic approach to wellness and I can't be more excited. 

So what exactly is a Health Coach you ask?  Well a Health Coach offers guidance and inspiration to help people shift their behavior to healthier habits.  Developing a deeper understanding of the foods and lifestyle choices that work best for them, and implement lasting changes that improve their energy, balance and health.  

Instead of prescribing one specific diet a Health Coach focuses on teaching people to eventually be self-sufficient by learning to observe the body's responses to various modifications and choose health-promoting behaviors that work for them.

Since I have 12 years of experience in the food industry and love to cook, I want to teach others to cook using nutrient rich ingredients.  A lot of people know how to cook but they don't know how to cook healthy and make it taste Wickedly Delicious!  When most people think of cooking healthy they immediately think they have to eat boring salads or snack on carrot sticks and celery.  I want to help people learn all about what incredible food is available to eat to find balance. 

I've also learned from overseeing a gourmet-to-go retailer that a lot of people don't even know how to cook.  It blows my mind to think that people don't cook.  But most of them have never been taught so they order take out or prepackaged meals everyday.  

My mission is to teach others and hopefully inspire more people to live life with more balance.

Thanks for stopping by...Stormy

No comments: