Saturday, May 12, 2012

30 Day DDPYoga Challenge...How will it change ME?



YOGA - It's something that I have wanted to try for a while and I've decided to give myself a challenge to practice yoga for the next 30 days.  I'm curious to see how it changes me.  

But the kind of yoga I'm going to practice is a little different than the kind of yoga most people are familiar with and it's the type of low impact exercise that is the perfect combination of breathing, resistance and posture movements that is supposed to increase your heart rate to help burn fat and transform your body.  

This yoga is called DDP Yoga and they make a joke that "It's Not Your Momma's Yoga!"  due to it's high intensity and engaging all your muscles to transform your body faster than regular yoga.  We all know that yoga can help build strength and flexibility but DDP Yoga can be the key to significant weight loss by the deep resistance to each movement and getting the body to work against itself - so I thought I have to try this for at least 30 days and see what happens.  They say it gives you a new sense of energy and control.  

DDP stands for Dallas Diamond Page and he is....get this... a world champion professional wrestler.  I know, I know, I know what your saying.  But this guy has found a way to take regular yoga and kick up the intensity.  He developed this type of yoga to transform and heal his body from some injuries that almost ended his career.  He ended up with a yoga that is a combination of the basic principles of yoga, elements of strength training, Pilates and mixed martial arts.   When he transformed his body using these techniques that not only transformed his injury's, increased his strength; it had a huge side effect....WEIGHT LOSS!   In less than 3 months he was back into the ring.  This is an intense cardio workout without impact on the joints. 

I need more than weight loss, I need strength, muscle tone.  I've had some major surgery in my abdomen area and my muscle tone is very poor.  My psoriasis has started to wear on my joints and creating arthritis.  So I'm very excited to start this program.  The next few days, I will post updates on my progress to share with you.  And if your familiar with this program and have started it yourself, email me and share with me your journey.  We can all use a little encouragement.

If you have a blog and want to post the 30 day challenge, please use the logo provided on my site.  All I ask is to have a link back to my site.  Then send me an email letting me know that you have added it and I will add your web link to my site.  

So now, it's time to get my head right - focus...Let's see what happens...

Go see this inspirational story NEVER GIVE UP - Arthur's Story

Stormy



No comments: