Saturday, May 26, 2012

Yoga & Wheat Free Update



What a difference a couple of weeks makes!  Eliminating wheat from my diet has been a revelation.  I thought that I would be craving bread, pasta and all things bad for me that contain wheat, but what is happening is that I am not wanting those foods after all and I'm creating meals using a variety of vegetables, fruits and grilled chicken and fish.  

When you stop eating wheat you immediately start thinking of what you can't eat.  But I decided to look at it at a different angle.  WHAT ALL CAN I EAT?  And what was transforming for me was that I made a list of all of the things I can't eat on one side and listed all of the things I can eat on the other side.  I simple Pros and Cons list.  This is something I do when I'm in decision about something and it was an eye opener for this wheat free challenge.  

Since I love to cook, looking at all of the ingredients I can use was encouraging, not discouraging!  So what I decided to do was make fresh food, fast and flavorful.

My meals are consisting of a grilled protein and some type of vegetable salad.  Not a regular lettuce and dressing salad, but using a variety of vegetables to make different types of salads to accompany my protein.  

For breakfast, a Greek Yogurt and Fruit Parfait.  I use Kind Foods GF Granola and layer Greek Yogurt mixed with Honey, Nuts, Granola and Fruit.    


 Rice Chex Cereal, Toasted Walnuts, Pistachios, & Pecans.  Fresh fruit and I like to mix 50/50 Pure Coconut Milk and Almond Milk.  Because I feel the Almond Milk is too thin and the Coconut Milk is too thick so I cut it 50/50.  It's brilliant and makes a perfect milk for cereal.

Each morning I'm waking at 5am.  Can't seem to sleep later so I jump up and do my DDP Yoga and boy have I felt it this week!  My muscles feel like they are working from the inside out.  I'm keeping my commitment to do it everyday and it's making me feel really good afterwards.  My heart rate increases without aerobic exercise and it's fantastic.  

My joint pain has lessened this week as well.  I believe the combination of wheat free eating and DDP Yoga has made a difference.  

I've lost 5lbs in the past 2 weeks.  I will take my measurements later today and get a reading on what inches I've lost.

So far so good.  Why stop now!

Thanks for stopping by...Stormy







No comments: