Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mexican Fruit Salad & Flaxseed Toast Breakfast


Eating healthy in the morning doesn't have to consist of oatmeal and juice. Since I'm trying to get my thyroid regulated naturally, I'm trying to consume more extra virgin coconut oil which is a miracle food. Check out this website for more information
So the best way is to consume at least 3 tablespoons of coconut oil daily by using it as a cooking oil and simply adding to your food instead of using butter. Which now that I am trying to be vegan these days it's a wonderful addition to my pantry and since it helps regulate the metabolism I'm excited to see that is starting to work. It's also a relief to be able to have healthy fats in my diet without feeling deprived.


I really enjoy toasting some flax seed bread that is loaded with Omega 3. Spread on some coconut oil and sprinkle with a little sea salt. My favorite way to eat fruit is to dice it up and squeeze fresh lime juice on it with a sprinkle of chili pepper. The sweet and sour notes are so satisfying and much more fun that peeling an apple or orange. I usually use fresh mango, nectarines, pineapple, strawberry or kiwi. It really depends on what is fresh at the market that week.


No comments: