Friday, September 24, 2010

Soy Chorizo Scramble


Now that I'm not eating eggs I need to find ways to make breakfast interesting so I make sure I have a balanced meal at least 3 times a day. I used to love chorizo and when I found a soy based chorizo I was so excited. Using extra firm tofu allows you to have a scramble but without the eggs. So here is a quick scramble you can have with no cholesterol or animal products.


Soy Chorizo Scramble


1 Unit Extra Firm Tofu, Drained and Pat Dry

3 Tablespoons Soy Chorizo

1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Coconut Oil


In a saute pan over medium high heat, melt coconut oil and add the soy chorizo breaking it up to season the oil. Add the extra firm tofu and break it up scrambling it around incorporating the soy chorizo. It will take approximately 3-5 minutes to get it mixed up well and cooked up a little bit.


I like to serve my scramble with sliced avocados, red onions and cilantro. Toast up some sunflower seed bread and it's a full healthy breakfast in just a few short minutes.


Sunflower Seeds: Helps treat asthma, may help reduce the risk of colon cancer.

Avocados: Provides at least 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, vitamin E, and folic acid.

Red Onion: High in fiber and vitamin C

Tofu: High in protein and with no cholesterol

No comments: